lunes, diciembre 05, 2005

Tupiza


...Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid, two gringos-outlaws from Yankiland (with all my respect :) ended up escaping and dying in Bolivia.. that were the times of stagecoaches and John Wayne.. yes, he was not a character, he was real. So, near there where they came we are now, surrounded by canyons, cactus and brown rocky hills. By the way, today we tried to climb one, as a result I look dirty and full of scratches (yes, not so bad but Héctor´s tooth was so popular that now we are all gealous).

Quiet little place. If everything goes well tomorrow we should be riding horses; my experience with that is a 5 minute walk on a horse when I was 14 and maybe a pony when I was a child (for maybe 5 more).

My favourite westerns, or the ones that came to my head now...

The man who shot Liberty Vallance- John Ford
The good, the bad and the ugly- Sergio Leone
Unforgiven- Clint Eastwood


photo: Tupiza children. Children here love being in photos.... it is a little present for them for us and for you


Free hit counter