miércoles, diciembre 21, 2005

La Monumental -at the level of Esquinica, if you rememba-


That name, before, would have reminded me the name of a bullfighting Plaza in Barcelona.Now it has a new meaning: asado. Stefano already explained but some things need to be clear. Remo Remolino had told me about it and we almost went there on my birthday. At last we waited for the day after. I still had meat in my mouth but couldn´t skip it after listening to the stories of the place.

..and this is the feeling afterwards... Sunrise near Cafayate, afer sleeping outside in some field....

When we arrived it was almost empty; however, you got the feeling that it is going to get full sooner or later; so it happened, people coming and leaving, waiters running, greetings, words, wine, chats, and meat. Meat... when the waiter said that two portions would be enough for three people (two big people and one little, me, but that can eat like an animal) well I couldn´t do more than believe him. Rightly done. After five minutes he popped up with two huge grilled pieces of meat. After trying it, melting it with the fork I knew that was, again, THE PLACE.

Monumental (Salta)... ask if you go there...

Sergio, Foz do Iguaçú


Free hit counter